1. PROJECT BRIEF
D.Y. Patil University School of Management will provide high quality learning and living spaces for 2,000 students, in addition to 50 faculty members and around 200 staff. The architecture is designed to facilitate the teaching methods and professional ethos of University. The ten-storey building is conceived as an integrated, sustainable campus, incorporating flexible, modern teaching and learning facilities, as well as residential accommodation.
The different elements of the School of Management are clearly articulated as interconnected clusters, grouped around courtyard areas. These volumes are carefully arranged and oriented to maximise available space within the triangular site. The courtyards are characterised by their function and position in the building: arrival, social, special function and study.
The first four storeys house the academic activities of the school and the five upper levels provide residential accommodation for faculty members, students and staff. This change in function is articulated through the cladding, which is robust and solid in appearance towards the base, visually grounding the faculty levels. In contrast, the residential floors are light and translucent, suspended above an elevated open garden at level five. This open communal space mediates between the two volumes, providing a public amenity for the campus and offering glimpses of greenery throughout the building.
2. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
2.1 IT Infrastructure:
Cavis Infotech Pvt. Ltd. is the IT consultant for the building.
The overall IT infrastructure containing various aspects is looked by Cavis.
It is as follows:
1. Active System – This includes the switches, server’s for the entire building.
2. Passive System – This includes the cabling and racks used for managing all the equipments.
3. Security – The CCTV is been taken into consideration for security purpose.
4. Audio & Video – The audio & video system in each classrooms(Corner Harvard, Twin Hardvard, Normal Harvard), Meeting rooms, Labs, Amphi Theatre, cafeteria.
5. Telephony System – EPABX system across the building is considered for communication.
6. Wifi System – The Wifi system is implemented for seamless connectivity throughout the building.
7. Parking Management System – The parking management system includes the boom barrier security for each vehicle and this is implemented at the entry/exit of the building.
8. Energy Saver – The energy saver is implemented in the hostel rooms of the building to save the energy in each rooms.