We are looking for a talented individual with early stage start up experience to join in a CTO role overseeing a diverse and talented engineering department. They are looking for someone to bring maturity to their full stack product release roadmap and ensure the business is fit for scale as the business approaches scale. The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a technical start up, ideally with connections to build teams internally. S/he should have strong architectural and executional skills.
As a Technology head, you should be technically skilled around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries, managing the complete SDLC. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility and lead the team.
- Architecting and strategizing the engineering solutions which can meet the requirements of business.
- You will contribute to our MVP and lead all efforts to make it happen – from in-depth user research, drafting product designs and gliding up the tech stacks.
- You will define the technical and product requirements of the business in detail and set up all required processes for a successful market entry.
- You will continuously develop hypotheses and validate them (e.g., through interviews with experts, user surveys, etc.)
- You are in charge of developing and shipping the product and new features to the customers
- Own the operative KPIs for product and tech
- Recruit, build and manage a technical team of A-players
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other C Level executives to gather technical. requirements and ensure project deadlines are made.
- Drive a world-class engineering culture and transformation within the company.
- Work with external agencies to deliver products on time while building an internal team
- Architecting and engineering solutions which can meet the requirements of the business
- A high-growth, ambitious professional environment with an exponential learning curve and working with a team of talented and motivated individuals looking to change the world.
- Great networking opportunities within diversified industry, our board boasts of some of the heaviest names in the industry.
- Experienced team ensures that we won’t be chasing momentarily targets but building a strong company with a strong base.
- You will have the freedom to work with external agencies to implement your vision while you build your team.
BTech/MTech from good / reputed institutes. Preferably in CS/EE (Bachelor’s Degree in Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, or a combination of work experience and
- 12-14 years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in leadership level
Knowledge & managerial skills
- Solid experience with core/common applications which have helped scale start-up organizations. Proven track record of working on core/common applications which have helped scale start-up organizations.
- Involved with multiple modes of Software Development Lifecycles: Agile, Waterfall and Spiral
- Thrive in fast-changing environments and ambiguity while being execution-oriented, hands-on, pragmatic, focused on results.
- Managed relationships with board level stakeholders – for example as a senior technical pre-sales engineer or as an SVP, EVP or director-level executive
- Technical Judgement: Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
Mandatory Technical skills
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer min 5-6 years in React, Node.js technologies, worked on minimum 2-4 projects and managed the complete SDLC (Software development life-cycle)
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications (Android and iOS)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g., Apache) and UI/UX design
- Experience in Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of Internet protocols, XML and JSON technologies
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine software requirements
- Creating high-level product specifications and design documents
- Is passionate about tech and loves solving complex problems
- Has the drive and motivation required to build a company – from the MVP to a scaled operation
- Wants to be hands on – shaping the organization across functions
- Has Strong hands-on attitude and willingness to take on various tasks inside and outside your field of expertise
- Possesses Strong communication and influencing skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style
- Is comfortable when making decisions using limited information and resources
- Has integrity, self-motivation, and a keen drive to improve the inefficiencies in a given system
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build/Guide the team for front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and guide the team to create well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs and Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug, upgrade software, create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation and work with data scientists and analysts to improve software